When looking to buy a new home the process can seem a bit overwhelming. From first glance it seems like there are so many things that need to happen in order for you to find the right home. There seem to be so many complexities and potential issues that could arise. The bad news is that you are right, it is a complicated process. The good news is that you have us working for you, and we will help make it as smooth and timely of a process as is possible!
Whats your story? Are you a first time home buyer? Maybe it has been a number of years since you last bought a home? Or maybe you have purchased home a number of times, but have never had a realtor explain the process to you. No matter what your situation is, our goal is to help make the home buying process as quick and easy for you as possible. We know your goal isn’t to look for a house, or to negotiate a purchase contract. Your goal is to find and move into your next home. Our goal is to help you through the stages of the home buying process so that when all is said and done you can sit back and enjoy the house that can now become your home.
10 Stages of the Home Buying Process
Here are the 10 stages that we will walk through with you:
- Determining your wants and needs. To begin your home search you need to come up with a list of the wants and needs of your new home. While at first you will find that most things seem like needs, as you go over the criteria you will be able to narrow it down more and come up with a list of “must have’s”. These are the most important thing to focus on. No home is perfect, and no home will have everything you want. Finding a home that meets ALL your needs, and as many of your wants as possible is the best way to ensure you will be happy with your home purchase.
- Getting your finances lined up. Being pre-qualified or pre-approved can be a huge help later in the “making an offer” stage. By making it one of your first steps in the home buying process guarantees that you will be ready to make a strong offer on a property as soon as you find it, potentially setting you apart from other buyers. We will help you connect with a local lender (if you don’t already have a lender you want to work with) and assist you in the process of getting pre-qualified or pre-approved.
- Finding the right neighborhood. Based on your wants and needs we can help you narrow down your search to neighborhoods that contain the types of homes you are looking for. It is important to take into consideration things such as school district, proximity to amenities (parks, shopping, work, etc.), as well as general aesthetic appeal.
- It’s time to see some homes. This is the stage that is the most straight forward. It is also the stage that is the most fun. Once we have narrowed down the search results to a list of homes that meet your criteria (wants and needs) it is time to go see the homes!
- Making an offer. Once you have found the home that is right for you it is time to make an offer to the sellers. We will help you analyze the market to determine a good price to offer. There is more to an offer than just the price, the terms of the sale are also very important, and we will help you to get the best price and terms on your purchase. We will write up the contract for you and submit it to the sellers for their consideration.
- Negotiating the offer. Once we have a written and signed offer (by you) it is time to submit it to the sellers. We will then negotiate with the sellers agent to help you get you offer accepted. If the initial offer is not accepted we will help guide you though a counter offer.
- Finding the right vendors. Congratulations you have a signed offer at this point! It is now time to fulfill the dates that we set forth in the contract. We will help you schedule and all vendors during the process of the contract such as inspectors, appraisers (usually done by your lender), and any one else needed.
- Preparing for closing. The last step before closing on the home is verify that all the paperwork that is part of your sale has been completed correctly. We will look over all the details for you and advise on any issues that arise, as well as their solutions.
- Closing Time. What a great day, you get to close on you new home! Congratulations! We will accompany you to the closing and assist with any questions you may have. This is our favorite day in the whole process, and it will most likely be yours as well!
- Life after closing. It is or goal to help you select the best home, and get all details taken care of before closing. However, sometimes there are minor issues that arise after you close on your new home. We want to help you minimize these issues and will be there for you to help you in anyway we can after you close on your home. This is not the end of of journey together, it is rather a beginning to a new journey we will walk with you.
As we said before each and every one of these stages is important. Some are quick and painless, and others can be more detailed and lengthy. We are here to make everyone as quick and easy as possible. We look forward to walking through these stages with you and helping answer any questions along the way. Welcome to the Prewitt Group family!
Question: Which stage of the home buying process are you looking forward to the most? Please leave a comment below!